Mirvac is a symbol for responsible and sustainable development and continues to deliver outstanding examples of sustainability in action.
Recent highlights include:
- The ambitious upgrade of 101 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW, a flagship premium grade office building. The transformation includes a state of the art trigeneration system, dramatically cutting greenhouse gas emissions and delivering a 5 star National Australian Built Environment Rating System ("NABERS") rating, while providing a more secure and low cost source of energy for our tenants.
- The MirvacPlus Residential Sustainability Scorecard which provides sustainability design guidance and performance tracking for all residential projects, and delivers a consistent standard of environmental and social outcomes across all projects. Simultaneously, the Scorecard provides a framework for project teams to raise the bar and achieve greater levels of performance where appropriate.
- 2008 marked the inaugural year of the Mirvac Foundation, which was established to connect with those most in need in the communities in which we operate. Housing and accommodation are topics that are the cornerstones of our business and the lifeblood of Mirvac's culture, and in the Foundation's inaugural year, the theme Mirvac has chosen to support is homelessness.
- Mirvac participated in the Carbon Disclosure Project for the third time in 2008, significantly expanding report coverage to 166 assets, up from 63 last year, and including a number of previously unrecorded emissions sources. Mirvac was again recognised in the Goldman Sachs JBWere Climate Disclosure Leadership Index, our third consecutive listing, acknowledging demonstrated leadership in disclosure across a range of investment relevant climate change issues.
- Four properties received Green Star ratings - Orion Springfield shopping centre in south-east QLD was awarded a world leading 6 star Green Star rating (Shopping Centre Design - Pilot); 5 Rider Boulevard, Rhodes Waterside, NSW achieved a 4 star Green Star rating (Office Design V2); 101 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW achieved a 5 star Green Star rating (Office Design V2); and the Mirvac designed Bond University's Mirvac School of Sustainable Development in QLD gained a 6 star Green Star rating (Education - Pilot).
- Mirvac has maintained its listing on the United Kingdom's FTSE4Good Global Index and has been listed on the Australian SAM Sustainability Index ("AuSSI") which recognises Mirvac as one of the top sustainability-driven companies within the Australian economy.
Mirvac will continue to build on this performance, and ensure appropriate, timely and coordinated action going forward.
For more information on Mirvac's sustainability journey please click here.
Mirvac Sustainability Reporting
Mirvac remains committed to providing stakeholders with credible, transparent and timely information on our sustainability performance, both where we have succeeded, and where we have room to improve.
Please click here to read the 2009 Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Report for the Mirvac Group.